- Preferably, intercontinental journalist teams consisting of at least one African, one Asian and/or one European journalist. Each team preferably consist of journalists from two continents. Ideally, the teams must provide letters of intent for publication from media organisations in two continents.
- We also accept regional cross-border collaborations in Africa and Asia. Each team must consist of journalists from at least two countries.
- Exceptional proposals from individual journalists in Africa and Asia whose story includes an offshore element in a national story - where the money trail leads to a tax haven - can be accepted.
- European journalists planning on applying must collaborate with an African or Asian journalist.
- Foreign correspondents in Africa or Asia can apply with local journalists.
- 25 March 2019, 11.59 PM Brussels time.
- 25 June 2019, 11.59 PM Brussels time.
- 24 September 2019, 11.59 PM Brussels time.
- 16 December 2019, 11.59 PM Brussels time.
Further deadlines for 2020 to follow.
There will be 10 application rounds over the three years. The total amount per call is around 50.000 euro: this amount is distributed among different projects. The money comes from the Dutch Nationale Postcode Loterij.