In Money Trail, Journalismfund.eu offers working grants for (teams of) African, Asian and European journalists to investigate cross-border illicit financial flows, tax abuse and corruption in Africa, Asia and Europe. Grants are awarded to journalists solely by Journalismfund.eu, with no input or oversight at any stage from the consortium as a whole.
The primary goal of this grant is to expose illicit finance and tax abuse.
Who can apply?
- Preferably, intercontinental journalist teams consisting of at least one African, one Asian and/or one European journalist. Each team preferably consist of journalists from two continents. Ideally, the teams must provide letters of intent for publication from media organizations in two continents.
- We also accept regional cross-border collaborations in Africa and Asia. Each team must consist of journalists from at least two countries in the two continents.
- Exceptional proposals from individual journalists in Africa and Asia whose story includes an offshore element in a national story - where the money trail leads to a tax haven - can be accepted.
- European journalists planning on applying must collaborate with an African or Asian journalist.
- Foreign correspondents in Africa or Asia can apply with local journalists.
In order to be eligible for application, the journalists have to ensure that their story will be published. Therefore, during the application procedure, they will be asked to upload commitment of publication from relevant media organisations.
There are so many stories all over the world yet to be told. This is your chance to help tell them.